Check your Trim is made by John Skinner (Manufacturing) Ltd
We stamp most of our panels with a John Skinner (Manufacturing) Ltd. This has changed over the years but the most recent version looks like the photo pictured.
It is worth noting that some of our trade customers request that we do not stamp panels we supply to them. It is also worth noting that we do not stock our trade customers on an exclusive arrangement therefore they may have items manufactured by other suppliers.
The only way to ensure you have a John Skinner (Manufacturing) Ltd panel is to buy them directly from ourselves.
We sew labels into most of our sewn items including seat covers, centre cushion armrests, carpets and weather equipment. These labels have changed over the years. We currently sew in a John Skinner (Manufacturing) Ltd label and a Union Jack label signifying their authenticity as British manufactured goods as pictured.
We are renowned worldwide for being the flagship manufacturer of high-end quality interior automotive trim upholstery kits and have been for over 30 years.
We distinguish ourselves from our competitors for the following reasons:
- We are a family run business which has been operating from the Cotswolds in England for over 30 years.
- We source our raw materials only from the highest quality materials.
- We manufacture interior items ourselves – we do not shop around for the cheapest deals and buy items irrespective of quality.
- We are able to offer in depth after-market advice for our products as we manufacture the items ourselves.
- Our products are made to order and undergo a quality assurance process at evert stage of manufacturing.
- We have updated and amended our patterns over the years, working closely with our customers to achive a best fit.
- We endeavour to provide as close a match as possible between the colours offered between trim materials to ensure consistency in products using more than one material type.
It is well documented that many classic British cars exhibit inconsistencies due to the process of manufacturing. We endeavour to ensure our trim products fit however this cannot be guaranteed for every car.